Cowden Syndrome: A guide for patients and their families
This material supplements information provided by physicians, nurses, genetic counselors, and other members of your health care team about Cowden syndrome. It does not replace regular medical care or discussions with your health care team. If you see an unfamiliar term, please see the Glossary of Terms at the end of this material.
- That's Not the Name My Doctor Gave Me
- What is Cowden Syndrome?
- Common Characteristics of Cowden Syndrome
- How is Cowden Syndrome Diagnosed?
- What Causes Cowden Syndrome?
- How is Cowden Syndrome Inherited?
- Are Tests for Cowden Syndrome Available?
- What Should I Be Doing About This Condition?
- Check Yourself. Are You Getting the Screening You Need?
- Support Groups and Resources
- Glossary of Terms
- References and Credits
- Printable version
Robert Pilarski, MS, CGC, MSW, LSW Ohio State University
Joy Larsen Haidle, MS, CGC, Humphrey Cancer Center
Heather Hampel, MS, CGC, Ohio State University
Our Cancer Services
- Cancers Treated
- Cancer Definitions
- Treatment Options
- Support Services
- Why Choose Us?
- Refer a Patient
- Clinical Trials
- Survivorship Clinics
- Contact Us
- For Appointments: 319-356-4200
- For Questions: visit Cancer Information Service
LocationCancer Clinic, Pomerantz Pavilion
Elevator M, Level 1