UI Health Care's Heart and Vascular Center is a national leader in the diagnosis and treatment of all types of heart and vascular diseases. From routine heart care to minimally invasive surgery and transplantation, UI Hospitals and Clinics is recognized nationally for its heart and vascular care. A few of the reasons why you should select Iowa's Heart Care Experts:
- UI Heart and Vascular Center was the only Iowa Hospital selected by US News and World Report’s Top 50 Best Hospitals for Cardiology and Heart Surgery Cardiac Surgery, 2014-2015. (Ranked 48th in the nation)
- Wellmark® Blue Cross® and Blue Shield® has named UI Hospitals and Clinics as one of the first hospitals in the nation to receive a Blue Distinction Center Plus (+) designation in the area of cardiac care, as part of the Blue Distinction Centers for Specialty Care® program (2014). The designation is based on rigorous measures (or “selection criteria”) established with expert physicians’ and medical organizations’ recommendations to help consumers find healthcare facilities that have demonstrated better overall outcomes in the delivery of specialty care
- UI Heart and Vascular Center was the first commercial program in Iowa to perform the innovative transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) procedure in 2011.
- University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics is the only heart transplant center in Iowa.
- The UI Heart Failure and Transplant Program was the first center in the Upper Midwest to send a patient home supported with a total artificial heart in 2011.
- The Heart and Vascular Center at UI Hospitals and Clinics received national certification from the Joint Commission for its Ventricular Assist Device Program to treat patients with advanced heart failure in 2013. UI Heart and Vascular is one of only three certified programs in the region with this certification.
- The UI Heart and Vascular Center is the only hospital in the nation to receive national accreditation by the Joint Commission for aortic aneurysm repair in 2013.
Academic Departments that Provide Heart and Vascular Care
Contact UsUI Heart and Vascular Center
Elevator E, Level 4
319-356-7102 UI Hospitals and Clinics - Iowa River Landing
105 East 9th Street
Coralville, Iowa 52241
Return to UI Heart and Vascular Center Home